Thursday, 22 November 2012

coastal beauty.....NZ style

Evening all,
Well another week has come to a close...I'm heading up the coast tomorrow for my long weekend of sunshine, sand and saltwater....my little piece of heaven!
As much as the beaches and coastline in our part of the world continue to wow me, I think back to my visit to the North east coastline of New Zealand and remember being not just surprised but blown away by it's rugged pure beauty.
If you haven't been there, it really is worth a visit...and being so close to Oz...it's so cheap and easy to get there.
Here's what you'll see....it's one of the loveliest tranquil places I've been to, where the water is crystal clear and the dolphins frolick freely so close to shore.





even the plant life and garden sculptures are gorgeous...




this part of the world is a very special place to my partner and I'm so happy he shared it with me...



Where ever in the world, near or far... is your special place..? your little piece of heaven?

Have a wonderful weekend.
Bec x

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is a breathtaking place to be.
      Bec x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely part of the world..Thank you for sharing those pictures with us. Any where that is by the sea or close to water is always special to me. Hope you have a good weekend in Queensland.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sarah, I know what you mean about being near water...I have all my life!
      thanks for mentioning me on your blog.
      Bec x

      Delete
  3. beautiful shots! i'd say heaven for me is most places on the water but i do love the mountains as well.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mountains are gorgeous too, although I did spend a season living at Falls Creek and got mountain fever after 4mnths ...was happy to see water again. :)
      Bec x

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful spot. Will follow on the way out.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks carolyn, have a great day!
      Bec x

      Delete
  5. Where abouts is this? It's nice to see my country through someone else's eyes. Looks familiar but not at the same time. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is Matapouri near Tutukaka in the northland coastal area. Its magical...and views to 'the poor knights'.
      Bec x

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing, for me, nothing beats being near to the sea. wonderful pictures
    Xx Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks vicky, it sure does make you feel calm and carefree!
      Bec x

      Delete